Pages

... W E L C O M E   T O   P R A S A D ' s   W E B P A G E ...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pulsar – The rhythmic pulses to feel you alive


Pulsar is one of the power bike launched by Bajaj, a complete Indian company. I have bought this bike recently, about 6 months back, after a thorough search on all available products in the same category. I bought it for the reason that, its stylish, stabilized in market, packed with all the necessary things at right places, I say you read the previous like twice. Yes. It has all those things which you will feel is very much necessary when you want to have a comfortable and smooth ride. I will tell about these things in a while.


This is a 150CC bike, which will obviously cannot give the mileage as of that splendor as mileage and power are always inversely proportional, So now I have decided that I will go for power, so I have to compromise on mileage, but then how much I have to compromise is another factor, I have heard that pulsar will give a mileage of about 50-55Km/lit, But I will tell you from my experience, it will give at the max 45-50 Km/lit, not more than that under normal city conditions, I have not tried it on Highway as I am using it only for Bangalore, yet to try it out in some trips. But then 45-50 is a reasonable value I believe, for the pick-up it give you, which make you always lead after a traffic signal.

The style is un-matching to any bike in the class; a pulsar is a match to the pulsar. When you park it looks like a well maintained bull..!! You will feel proud to ride on it. It has two mini tights at the head-light if you had observed which give a better look to the bike and let you to put it on in foggy mornings.

I was using a passion plus before, which is also one of the best bikes in class, but after all it’s a 100cc one. The suspension system I found better than passion. The bike is little heavier and bigger than passion which makes it smooth on road. The seats are perfect for riding posture. After riding pulsar, I feel passion to be very much uncomfortable to ride. It usually takes me one or two days to get adjusted to it, whenever I go home.

The Alloy wheels make it more stylish and easy to wash and maintain, with that normal wheels in passion, I use to struggle to wash it properly, it use to take lot time too. The self start is another optional feature, which is also a kind of essential feature, with which you will feel the comfort of car to start the vehicle.
The things which I mentioned earlier saying fully loaded are the engine off button, which is far more a better idea to use rather than turning the key. The pass button is very much useful when you overdrive especially at night time. The indicator is far more advanced compared to passion, where in you have some kind of luxury. The Horn is well placed and well designed, and more powerful to make anyone give you way.

About the max speed and stability, I can say that you can reach up to 100 Km/h with out any worries. You will not even feel that you are at that speed when you wear the helmet. But after that I have not tested, because as I said I have not gone to any trips after getting this bike, But I am dam sure you can definitely reach 110-115 at least.

I have been using it for about 6 months till now and as till now no problems reported. I think its one of the best and affordable power bike to go to when you think you need some more power than a 100cc bike, keeping fuel cost in mind.

2 comments:

Prashant said...

Well... no doubt... Pulsar is the best bike in the market... really a beast... Unshakeable ;) ...

Prasad Shetty said...

Well, Thank for the comment Prashanth, Here if someone thinks that I am comparing Passion to Pulsar that not true, as they belong to different segment we cant compare, what I thought was, when someone moves to pulsar it means that he want to move to a higher segment, I was just telling about the comfort you get when you move to the higher segment